Car crashes happen every day. The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports that around 200,000 motor vehicle collisions are reported statewide each year. Even if you do everything right, you could still end up in a serious accident. After an accident in Stockton, you need medical treatment. Nothing should come before your health, safety, and well-being.
You may be wondering: What is the process for getting medical bills paid after a car crash? After all, even if you know you have a winning personal injury claim, it takes time to go through the process. Within this article, our Stockton auto accident attorneys provide a comprehensive guide to your options for getting medical bills paid after a motor vehicle collision in California.
You Have the Right to Hold the At-Fault Party Liable for Your Full Damages
Were you involved in a car accident in Stockton or elsewhere in the San Joaquin Valley? It is crucial that you understand your legal rights and your legal options under California law. California is an at-fault, comparative negligence jurisdiction. Among other things, this means that you are entitled to seek compensation for all of the harm you have suffered from the at-fault party, including medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Three Main Options for Getting Medical Bills Paid While Your Car Crash Claim is Pending
Of course, you are likely already aware of the fact that a car accident injury takes some time to process—especially after a serious collision. How do you get your medical bills covered in the meantime? After all, you need medical treatment now. You have several different options available. Here are the three main ways that people get car accident medical bills paid in Stockton while a personal injury claim is still pending:
- MedPay Coverage: If you have MedPay coverage on your car insurance policy, you may be able to use it to cover your medical bills. MedPay, also known as medical payments coverage, is a type of insurance that covers medical expenses for you and your passengers regardless of who was at fault for the accident. It is often a good option for getting initial medical bills covered.
- Health Insurance: If you have health insurance, you can use it to cover your medical bills. Your health insurance may cover some or all of your medical expenses, depending on your policy. Please keep in mind that you may be responsible for paying your deductible and copayments, as well as any costs that your health insurance does not cover. Of course, you can pursue reimbursement for out-of-pocket costs through a personal injury claim.
- Medical Lien: California has a process for medical liens. If you do not have MedPay coverage or health insurance coverage, you may be able to arrange for your medical provider to put a lien on your future settlement or judgment. In effect, this means that the provider agrees to wait to be paid until your car accident claim is resolved, at which point they will be paid from the settlement or judgment. It is an option in some circumstances. If you are considering using a medical lien to get treatment now, make sure that you consult with an experienced Stockton, CA car accident attorney.
We Help Car Accident Victims in Stockton Maximize their Financial Compensation
We are strong advocates for justice. Our mission is to help auto accident victims in Stockton get the full and fair financial support that they deserve after an accident. At Redkey Gordon Law Corp, our Stockton car accident lawyers will fight to ensure that you end the personal injury claims process with the greatest possible financial compensation in your pocket. You may be entitled to recover for:
- Property Damage: Property damage includes vehicle repairs, vehicle replacement, and/or reimbursement for other property-related losses.
- Medical Bills: Our Stockton car accident lawyers help injured victims seek compensation for the full value of their medical bills, including physical therapy and mental health support.
- Lost Wages: Did you miss time at work due to your car accident? We will help you pursue financial compensation for lost wages and diminished earning potential.
- Non-Economic Damages: With a serious crash, the non-economic damages may be even more extensive than the actual out-of-pocket losses. Our Stockton car accident lawyers help injured victims pursue compensation for pain and suffering and long-term disability.
Contact Our Stockton Car Accident Attorney Today
At Redkey Gordon Law Corp, our Stockton auto accident lawyers are devoted to helping injured victims get real justice and successful results. If you need help getting your medical bills paid after a traffic collision, we are here as a legal resource. Reach out to us by phone or contact us online for a free, no obligation review of your case. From our Stockon office, we handle auto accident claims throughout Central California, including in Manteca, Galt, Sacramento, and Sutter Creek.